If you have older family members who live far away, you likely want to ensure they are in good hands when you can’t be nearby. While some people are under the impression that home care for seniors always includes medical care, that isn’t always the case. There is a large sector of non-medical home care industry that focuses on other types of care.
R&A Home Care Denver can offer you peace of mind, while at the same time providing many services to seniors and their families. Through an individual care plan, your loved ones can enjoy staying in their own homes with an extra dose of security and safety in place.
Some of the services available through home care in Denver include:
Companionship and Conversation
When you bring in home care for a senior, they can enjoy companionship and conversation with someone from outside of their home. Your loved ones can have someone to talk with during meal times or other times throughout the day to keep them social and busy. This will create a better sense of happiness and a higher quality of life.
Various Non-Medical Home Care Services
In addition to being a supportive conversationalist, home care in Denver can encompass many other things, such as:
- Errands – Home care can include errands, such as going to the post office and picking up prescriptions.
- Grocery Shopping – Many home care services offer grocery shopping either for or with the senior who needs it.
- Light Housekeeping – Dusting, mopping, cleaning up, taking out the trash, organizing clothes, and cleaning interior windows are some housekeeping that may be offered.
- Meal Preparation – This can help seniors with healthier living and maintaining proper nutrition.
- Recreation – Whether someone wants to walk in the park, enjoy a board game, or go to church, a home care aide can participate with the senior to keep them active in body and mind.
- Respite Care – Home care professionals can come in and assist those caring for elderly loved ones so they can rest, run their errands, and take part in other activities.
- Transportation – Some home care may come in the form of transportation to places like beauty salons, doctor’s appointments, shopping, or other destinations.
Personal Care Services
Personal care services can also be part of home care in Denver, such as helping seniors with bathing, oral hygiene, and feeding. Many of these home care professionals provide help with things like mobility assistance, special diet preparation, and incontinence issues, which are all common issues for the elderly population.
Non-medical home care is crucial for keeping older individuals in their home longer so they can live a mostly independent life. It can also prevent the need for a senior to move into specialized housing earlier since all of their everyday needs are met in their own home.